Thursday, September 20, 2012

The Coming Autumn

Autumn is nearly upon us. The days are beginning to show shorter. Just a touch of color is making it's presence known on leaves that dance in the afternoon breeze. Sunlight filters the changes we see and makes autumn's haze a delight to the visual senses. Tomorrow I will drive north towards Kentucky and look around to see what has changed since my last drive that way a week ago.

I love the cool nights and early mornings. The nights were made to snuggle under covers. The mornings are for stepping out barefoot to see the sun rise with a steaming cup of coffee and a good book to keep me company. Soon, I will have to tuck myself away in a blanket, wool socks and boots then lastly, inside, as I won't be able to withstand the cold of winter from my porch.

Change is the only constant in life as is evident by the seasons......


No comments:

Post a Comment